Monday, January 04, 2010
Two recent decisions by the U.S. Army in support of the MPHC have added great momentum to the project.
First - to build an artifacts display building with $750,000 of stimulus funds provided to Fort Carson. The facility will be built this winter/next spring adjacent to the current visitor center just outside Fort Carson’s main gate. It will provide approximately 4,000 square feet of viewing space for 4th Infantry Division and Fort Carson artifacts until the MPHC is built.
Second – the decision to add a 32,500 square foot museum support facility project to the Army’s program in fiscal year 2011. By adding this to its construction program, the Army is demonstrating a strong commitment to the community’s effort to build the MPHC. Construction should begin in the summer of 2011. When completed, the Army’s museum support facility will integrate with the community’s MPHC project. This will create a historical complex and site at Gate 1 for Fort Carson and the entire community to enjoy. While there is still planning and design work to be
finalized, we are well on our way to creating a ‘Mountain Post Historical Center’ of which the Front Range community can be proud. A fitting place to tell the stories of Fort Carson and its Soldiers, past, present, and future.
Interested in helping the design committee? MPHC project meetings take place the third Friday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in the offices of HB&A, 102 East Moreno Avenue, in downtown Colorado Springs. Anyone interested in helping the MPHC design committee is welcome to attend.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Fort Carson receives medal left by Vietnam War hero
- Ribbon cutting Friday at Fort Carson museum
- Fort Carson breaks ground on new museum
- Mountain Post Historical Association, Inc., Artifact Exhibit at Colorado Springs Airport
- HOOAH to Our Increased Level and New Sponsors
- Construction of Mountain Post Historical Center to start during 2011
- Progress Report – Recent Developments Propel Mountain Post Historical Center Forward
- Turning a Spade of Dirt
- Gay & Lesbian Fund for Colorado $25,000 Challenge
- The American Soldier
- 4th Infantry Division (5)
- Afghanistan (2)
- Civil War (1)
- Colorado Springs Airport (1)
- Contributions (5)
- Cyma Rubin (1)
- Donations (4)
- Fort Carson (2)
- Ft Hood (1)
- Gay & Lesbian Fund (2)
- Ground Breaking Ceremony (2)
- Irag (2)
- Medal of Honor (1)
- Mountain Post (4)
- Mountain Post Historical Center (2)
- Pinon Canyon, House Bill 1317, Colorado Springs Business Journal (1)
- Security Service Federal Credit Union (1)
- Soldier (3)
- Stimulus Funds (1)
- Vietnam War Veterans (1)
- War (2)
~Tom Wiersma, Director Public Works, Fort Carson, CO, and former US Army Captain.